Monday, January 3, 2011

Favorites Monday: Sunfire Romance

I cut my romance-reading teeth on the Sunfire YA historical romance line as a teen in the 80's. They were so much more fun than the regular YA romance of that day that just had girls going to school and finding boyfriends. I mean, I went to school. I even briefly had a boyfriend despite being by no stretch of the imagination one of the popular kids. Why would I want to READ about something so mundane? Sunfires were so much more fun, because I got to imagine what it would be like to travel the Oregon Trail or sail on the Titanic or live in Jamestown...AND get a boyfriend who was much more interesting than any quarterback or lead in the school play.

Any other Sunfire fans out there? My favorites were Amanda, Sabrina, Nicole, Marilee, and Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment