Sunday, May 8, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - Wolf & Huntress

I'll keep posting from my historical fantasy WIP, Wolf & Huntress, as long as y'all are enjoying it, but I'm deliberately leaving gaps in the story, trying to play it more like a movie preview and less like a synopsis or a serialization. At least in this, I want to be a tease!

Anyway, this week Cass is breaking up with the fiance who had the nerve to save her life by pulling her out of a fight (on the instructions of another character who has the Sight and sees big things in the future for Cass):

-----
“I am not your lass!” she cried, her voice echoing off the hillside. “Just...go. Help the others. I’ll take Shonnie, and get safe away, but not so I can save Scotland. I’ll use Caitriona’s money to buy silver shot, and I’ll bide my time. I’ll find the Campbell werewolf when he’s not looking for me, and not expecting my scent, and I will avenge my sister.”

-----

Six Sentence Sunday is a weekly blog feature where writers post six sentences of their work, whether a WIP or a published book. Stop by the main blog to check out other authors' contributions.

NOTE: I won't be commenting much myself this week, as I'm having a pinched nerve flareup that's limiting my screen time.

15 comments:

  1. She has so much strength. Really great character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the setting and all implied in this snippet...werewolf, injured/killed sister/ revenge and a man and woman in conflict.

    Lot's happening in these six. Great SSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great six, and always nice to see Scotland mentioned in stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Voice echoing off the hillside? That's a breakup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a lot of scenery and setting into this six. Very nice... Good six, chica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great six. Hope she does find and take out the Campbell werewolf. Being of Clan McKean, a sept of Clan McDonald, anytime a Campbell can be taken out is fine with me. Especially after what the Campbells did at Glencoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post, you're quite the tease. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super Six! It is challenging to decide what to post so that we don't give too much away, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why do I foresee some complication with killing the werewolf?

    I love her attitude. She's a very feisty and focused heroine. :o) Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That determination again. So well-defined just from these small snippets. I like her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this...nothing like an avenge story :) Feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. revenge for a sibling. Love it

    ReplyDelete