Sunday, April 25, 2010

Busy Busy Writer

I'm in the midst of edits, really-o truly-o official edits requested by my editor, and completing my cover art fact sheet (a questionnaire designed to give the art department a sense of what the book is about, the story's mood, and any strong visual elements that may be of use to them in their design process).

Oh, and we're supposed to sign a pile of papers on Tuesday and have the keys to our new house by the end of the week. So I'm kinda busy.

I'll get back to the blog as soon as life calms down a little. I've just spent the most intense weekend of writing and editing I've ever experienced. Yesterday I started at 9:00 AM, spending the day shifting from Panera to two branches of my city's public library then back to Panera, taking a brief break to cook dinner and get my daughter to bed, and then editing for another three hours before going to bed. Today I went to church and to brunch, but then started writing at 11:30 AM and finished at 10:30 PM, taking only brief breaks for food, stretching, and rebooting my computer when it got frighteningly sluggish.

I actually enjoyed all this--I do love my book, after all. But I could sure use a good massage about now. Also, if I holed up like this every weekend, I'm pretty sure Mr. Fraser and Miss Fraser would abandon me, and I'd miss them dreadfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment