Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A plea for fashion advice

I've been on Weight Watchers for almost a year now, and I've lost over 40 lbs, with another 20-25 to go. If and when I get to my goal weight, I mean to splurge on a top-quality tartan skirt, something that will last me years and years, thereby motivating me to STAY at goal weight so it will fit me for book signings and whenever else I want to rock the Scottish part of my heritage.

What I'd really like is something like this:



Or possibly something in a more kiltish cut, like this:


But even being at goal weight is not going to make me look like the bonnie lassie modeling those skirts, and I want to make sure whatever I choose works for me. And I tend to look best in pencil or otherwise straight skirts. So maybe what I really need is this:


So, fashionistas...help me out. My heart is with the first two choices, because they're more evocative of a kilt. And I'm hoping the flat front of the second option would give enough of a straight skirt look to be flattering for me. But would I be better off playing it safe with a straight skirt?

And, while I'm at it...

Fraser Modern?


or Fraser Ancient Hunting?


(Assume I'd being wearing this with a black, dark brown, or dark green sweater and some silver Celtic jewelry.)


5 comments:

  1. I like the one in the middle. Pleats in front can be dodgy so it looks like the best of both worlds. I like the brighter colors but pick what feels right for you. You want to feel comfortable at book signings and such.

    And congrats on the weight loss! Working on that myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked on Twitter too, and I seem to be getting near-universal consensus on the one in the middle--though if I'm feeling especially flush with cash, I might get that one AND the third, in two different tartans....

      Delete
  2. help me out. My heart is with the first two choices, because they're more evocative of a kilt.
    kilts are growing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the middle one. Scottish kilts for sale is mine all time favorite kilt style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. -How to easily sell your knitting and crochet online Silmukanpidin

    ReplyDelete