Sunday, June 17, 2012

Five weeks

Just five weeks to go now till RWA 2012, and five weeks for me to stay on Weight Watchers and complete the rough draft of my novella WIP, working title Widow's Fortune.  How am I doing so far?

1. Yesterday I weighed in at Weight Watchers for the first time since April, and I was down five pounds.  Since I didn't weigh in right before going back on the program last Sunday, I don't know how much I lost in the last week vs. gradually over the past month or so. Either way, it felt encouraging.  I also met my goal of working out every weekend day plus one weekend evening.

2. I'm 2800 words into the new manuscript.  A slow start, but that's not unusual for me when just feeling my way into a story.  I wrote at least a little bit six days out of seven, and I'm getting a good grip on my hero's voice.  This week, I mean to write all seven days and work on my heroine.  From there, hopefully I'll be able to kick it into a higher gear for the next four weeks and finish the draft.

3 comments:

  1. Susanna, I don't know if I got it right from Pinterest, but I'm so curious and I have to ask: are you writing a book set in Ancient Greece?

    Best wishes for your weight loss program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was, but I've set it aside for the time being. It's definitely a setting I plan to go back to at some point in the future, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... fascinating setting, and an unusual one for a romance novel. I hope you will finish it sooner or later!

    ReplyDelete