Monday, February 10, 2014

The Sergeant's Lady (and other Risky Regency books) on sale this week only!

To celebrate Valentine's Day, all this week the Risky Regencies bloggers are offering some of our books for only $0.99...including my debut novel, The Sergeant's Lady!

Spain, 1811

Highborn Anna Arrington has been following the drum, obeying the wishes of her cold, controlling cavalry officer husband. When he dies, all she wants is to leave life with Wellington’s army in Spain behind her and go home to her family’s castle in Scotland.

Sergeant Will Atkins ran away from home to join the army in a fit of boyish enthusiasm. He is a natural born soldier, popular with officers and men alike, uncommonly brave and chivalrous, and educated and well-read despite his common birth.

As Anna journeys home with a convoy of wounded soldiers, she forms an unlikely friendship with Will. When the convoy is ambushed and their fellow soldiers captured, they become fugitives together. The attraction between them is strong, but even if they can escape the threat of death at the hands of the French, is love strong enough to bridge the gap between a viscount’s daughter and an innkeeper’s son?

This book will always hold a special place in my heart. I love romances where the hero and heroine know they belong together, but have to fight against a world that's determined to separate them. I also have a soft spot for road romances, and I'm endlessly fascinated by the Napoleonic Wars. In The Sergeant's Lady I was able to combine all of that into one package. I loved every minute I spent writing it, and I'm so glad it became my first sale.

Oh, and on a much more shallow note, if you imagine Firefly-era Nathan Fillion wearing the uniform from Sharpe's Rifles, that's the picture I kept in my head while writing Will.



And this week all this can be yours for less than the price of a 20-ounce soda (and far healthier for you, too)! Buy links are below, and do check out the Riskies for info on the other great books on sale.

Carina Press
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
iTunes
All Romance eBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment